Stable Retinal Night Serum Vitamin A
Rediscover youthful skin with Crystal Retinal™, Medik8’s latest innovation in vitamin A is now available in four strengths.
- KEY BENEFITS
- Formulated with stabilised retinal, a powerful derivative of vitamin A with next-generation anti-ageing results. Unmatched in its age-defying power, retinal can deliver results up to 11 times faster than classic forms of retinol.
- The ground-breaking overnight serum visibly minimises fine lines and wrinkles; firming and plumping the complexion to resurface skin texture and soften the face.
- KEY INGREDIENTS
- Encapsulated retinaldehyde, Hyaluronic Acid, Vitamin E & Glycerin
Crystal Retinal 1
Stable Retinal Night Serum Gentle-Strength Vitamin A
Our entry level gentle-strength vitamin A, is ideal for those who have really sensitive skin or are looking to incorporate a low strength but highly effective vitamin A serum in their routine.
Crystal Retinal 3
Stable Retinal Night Serum Medium-Strength Vitamin A
The entry point for those who are new to vitamin A or have tried mild retinol formulas and the answer to those looking to prevent early signs of skin ageing.
Crystal Retinal 6
Stable Retinal Night Serum Super-Strength Vitamin A
Perfect for those who are wanting to upgrade their high-strength retinol results.
Crystal Retinal 10
Stable Retinal Night Serum Ultra-Strength Vitamin A
A high-performance anti-ageing serum for those looking to boost the results of Crystal Retinal 6.
We strongly recommend starting on lower strengths of Crystal Retinal if you have not used retinaldehyde before.
Crystal Retinal 20
The latest professional addition to the award-winning Crystal Retinal family, now in 0.2% retinaldehyde strength.
Only available in clinics after consultation. You should be comfortably using Crystal Retinal 10 every night for 3 months or completed 2 full tubes before you consider moving up.
How It Works
Clinical-grade vitamin A, otherwise known as retinoic acid, is an exceptionally powerful skincare ingredient for youthful-looking skin. Highly potent and wildy efficacious, it is able to trigger cellular regeneration and collagen production to fight all visible signs of ageing. Retinoic acid is only available with a prescription, but vitamin A is available over the counter in the form of retinol skincare products.
- Retinol has similar effects to retinoic acid, however it must first be converted to retinaldehyde and then to retinoic acid to be used by the skin. Crafted with retinaldehyde,
- Crystal Retinal requires just one conversion to retinoic acid. This means that it is able to produce results comparable to retinoic acid up to 11 times faster than classic forms of retinol. The advanced active is carefully encapsulated in a crystal structure that is broken down by the skin’s natural enzymes when topically applied. This ensures maximum stability and absorption while allowing the vitamin A active to be released gradually into the skin while you sleep for minimal irritation.
 G. Seigenthaler et al., Biochemical Journal, 1990, 268, pp 371-378
- Combined with hydrating hyaluronic acid and skin-soothing vitamin E, Crystal Retinal targets fine lines and wrinkles for smooth and visibly youthful skin. Unlike other forms of vitamin A, retinaldehyde boasts direct, powerful antibacterial properties. This allows it to target acne-causing bacteria; promoting a healthy, visibly clear complexion.
How To Use
- Use in the evening. First cleanse, then apply Crystal Retinal over face and neck.
- Allow to absorb then follow with a moisturiser.
- Crystal Retinal 1 and 10 application should be phased in gradually. Use twice a week for the first 2 weeks, every other night for the next 2 weeks, then every night.
- Patch testing prior to use is advised. Refer to medik8.co/patch for an in-depth guide to patch testing.
With a unique ability to attract and retain more than 1,000 times its own weight in water, hyaluronic acid draws moisture from the surrounding atmosphere into the skin, leaving the complexion feeling both nourished and supple.
An oil-soluble antioxidant, vitamin E can quench free radicals on the skin while stabilising retinaldehyde for optimal power.
As a natural humectant, glycerin traps water within the skin to leave it hydrated and comfortable.FULL INGREDIENTS
- NO ARTIFICIAL FRAGRANCE
- PARABEN FREE
- VEGAN FRIENDLY
- ZIPPER DONATION
- NO PHTHALATES
- ALCOHOL FREE
- CRUELTY FREE